Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 2 Letter

Family and Friends!
  
It has been so great getting mail from friends and family! I love it. I was mostly joking in the last letter about the pictures and such, but not really. I am so grateful for everyone’s love and support. I am trying to write everyone back. Also, my favorite is getting real mail. DearElder is great but there’s nothing like a handwritten letter. And if you’re questioning whether I would want to hear from you or not, stop questioning because I want to hear from anyone and everyone!

Anyways, some updates from this last week. I managed to hold on to my companion for an entire week. Elder Hansen and I will be together for the duration of my MTC stay. Our district only has 5 people in it and 2 of them (Elder Anaya and Hermana Lazalde) leave on Wednesday for the MTC in Peru. So I will be in a triple companionship with Elder Ashton and Elder Hansen and that will be our entire district. I can’t remember if I said this in my last letter but we spend a solid 10 hours per day in a classroom. It’s pretty nuts. And you all know me, I’ve never spent more than 5 minutes studying for anything, but I prayed hard for a desire to study and the Lord delivered. I’ve never worked this hard before and I really am enjoying it. The gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple and so beautiful and I can’t wait to share it. We have devotionals every Sunday and Tuesday night and guess what this Tuesday was?! It was the 50th anniversary of the MTC and guess who came and spoke?? Elder Russel M. Nelson and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve. No joke. So cool. They dedicated 5 recently renovated buildings at the MTC, including the one in which I live. It was such a cool experience. While at that meeting, I met an Elder by the name of Elder Jarman. Crazy I know. Guess where he’s serving. Yep, Veracruz Mexico. Such a strange coincidence. He said his family is from Phoenix so maybe he is a relative? I bet our grandpas are cousins. He is supposed to leave for Mexico on Monday but he and everyone else in his district have not yet received their visas. Apparently they are having a lot of trouble with Mexican visas. This is mildly unnerving but I’ve got 7 weeks for them to sort mine out. I don’t want to get reassigned to Idaho. I’d physically die.

Shout out to my best friend Kohl for getting his mission call to Nicaragua, and to Jear bear for getting called to the same place. So crazy. And Also BK for getting his call except I forgot where to. All of you if you read this, write me!

I love the Elders in my zone so much. They are all so fun and spiritual. Elder Neff and I are still doggin everyone in gym and Elder Robinson from Wisconsin is the funniest person who ever lived. Elder West from Sandy told one of his friends to write me and she did. Pretty sweet. Elder West went to Alta. He’s a great guy.

I got a little discouraged yesterday because one of our mock investigators isn’t progressing at all. I can’t imagine what it will be like when I’m teaching real people. The spanish is coming along really well. It’s crazy how fast people learn in here. Well I’m not sure what else to say. Life is good. I love you and all and I miss you but honestly I’d rather be here getting ready to spread the good news that God lives, He loves us, and He sent his Son to atone for our sins so we can live with Him again. Christ’s church is on the earth and he has a prophet to guide us, Thomas S. Monson. If this church wasn’t true, I along with 50,000 other young men wouldn’t be dedicating our time to tell people about it. I love this gospel and I love my Savior. Through Him anything is possible.

Testifico que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dias es la iglesia de Jesucristo en la tierra hoy. A traves arrepentimiento, bautismo, y seguir los mandamientos de Dios, todas las personas pueden volver a vivir con Dios. Tenemos un profeta en la tierra hoy y el habla con Dios. Me encanta el Evangelio y La Iglesia y no puedo esperar el Evangelio con la gente de Mexico. Dios vive y nos ama. Yo digo estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

I love you! The Church is true.

Love,

Elder Jarman

No comments:

Post a Comment