Monday, June 4, 2012

Wild Dogs and a Wild Week

Sup dudes!

So yeah I'm running low on time. I had so many emails to read. I swear the hour we get for emailing is the most stressful hour of my week. I'm gonna format this letter a little differenlty. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Spiritual stuff this week:

Manuel, the last son in this family we've been baptizing, got baptized on Saturday. I baptized him. Gonna try to send some pics but probably won't have time. He gave up drinking and smoking and his 12 year old girlfriend (hes 14) to get baptized. Kids here are crazy. No offense to Mexico but the culture here is so sex and booze driven, waayyyy more than the United States. All those people who trip out in the states about violence and poverty and drugs need to see two drunk dudes swingin machetes at each other in the middle of the street.. Not that I saw anything like that this week.....

Also, Yadira and Guillermo should get married this Thursday and Yadira should get baptized on Saturday. Guillermo will follow suit after he sees the blessings she gets, I know it.

The coolest things about baptisms are people's faces afterward. They looks so happy and pure and every last one says they feel clean and that they have a fresh start. Now we just hope this little branch can help us keep them active.

The rest of this week's craziness:

So on Wednesday I was notififed that I had to go to Veracruz to do the final siging on my visa, so I went down there with Elder Johnson and the zone leaders. While were were there everything went normal until Elder Johnson told me a bucnh of stuff that my companion told him on an exchange. I won't say details but I was like dude you gotta tell Presdient.. So when we got back to Poza Rica he told Hernandez and they both called President and then Hernandez and I were told to pack our bags and come to Veracruz on Friday. Once again won't say details but my comp almost got sent home and I almost got sent somewhere else because of it. But my comp was given a second chance after his interview with President and we came back to Cazones just in time to have our baptism on Saturday. This week was freakin crazy.. I also lost my camera and so I bought a new one today.. Now I'm gonna carry it in a case on my belt instead of in my pocket so I wont lose this one. I already had my pics backed up on my USB though so its all good..

So yeah now I'm in charge of making sure my companion is 100% obedient and I've got to motivate him to work and all that. Should be real fun!

Other interesting stuff that happened this week:

A wild dog bit me but he only got my shoe.. no blood.
Fatty thunderstorm last night, thought a bomb went off in our house at 4 am..


Okay running out of time here.. Gotta shout out to my homies who went into the MTC and who are going in this week!! Kill it boys!

Shout out to Grandma Eileen, Grandpa Chuck, and Uncle Blake for the birthdays this week. Promise you're not old!!

Alrighty so this week we're gonna be working super hard and we're gonna see some miracles! Love you guys!

Elder Jarman

No comments:

Post a Comment