Monday, April 2, 2012

Bambi on Ice

Hola Familia y Amigos
Don't be fooled, I'm still serving English. But I talk to my companion in Spanish all the time because he can't understand a word I'm saying and I think it's hilarious.
I think I came into the mission field a little too MTC pumped up. I mean I'm still pumped to be a missionary, but I think I kind of expected it all to happen in one day. That is not how it goes hahah. But I am really trying to be patient and things are going pretty well.
Monday was P-Day and we had a mission activity at this Family Fun Center in Sandy. We went roller skating and I heard worldly music for the first ime in 2 months. I heard missionaries aren't allowed to dance but I busted a move to some classic 80's jamz, while skating. Picture that one scene from Bambi where he's on the ice.... Yeah
Anyways then on Tuesday we had a lesson with this guy named Joe. He is older and really is looking to fix up his life. He said he wanted to be baptized after the first lesson, which is GREAT. He has wonderful faith and loves the Book of Mormon. We are just gonna have some other challenges in order to help him get baptized, but I love seeing his faith!
Wednesday we went by this family's house in jeans and t shirts. The week before we asked them if we could come by and teach and they said no, but then we said we would still like to serve them. They said they were fine... BUUUT we showed up in jeans and t shirts and told them that we were there to pull their weeds. This family is so great. They are the Whytes and they have 2 little kids but the husband was recently diagnosed with leukemia. We know that the gospel will bless them. So we did all their yard work and after we shared a message about miracles and Christ and she accepted a Book of Mormon and a pamphlet about the Restoration. She promised to read it and said we could come by this Tuesday. We were so STOKED. So yeah we're hoping that will play out and we can show them how hope in Christ will help them through everything.
Thursday we met with Joe again and his girlfriend Monica who he lives with (like i said, some roadblocks) and had a great lesson about the plan of salvation. We also introduced the law of chastity and word of wisdom. We are meeting with them tonight to go over details and make sure they start living both. The goal is for their baptism to be on the 21st.
Friday, I don't remember anything spectacular happening specifically.
Conference weekend!!
I hope everybody watched conference and got as much out of it as I did. Man was it awesome. I took a bunch of notes but they are in my journal at our house so I won't go into detail. But just remember that God has a plan for all of us, there is ALWAYS a way to correct mistakes and come unto Christ and change, and NEVER judge others. Everybody is trying their best. Don't judge, don't be mean, and don't act contrary to Christ's teachings. You can NEVER justify anger or hate. EVER. Anyways I just want everybody to know I'm doing good and I'm eating really well. The members don't hold back around here hahah.
We're getting mail here in a couple hours. Hoping to have some letters! Sorry to anybody who's emailing me, still can't quite respond unless we're related. Hand write me something. Also we only get mail once a week here. Not sure if that changes anything.
Pray for miracles, pray for your neighbors, keep a positive outlook and look for the beauty in everything. That is what I am trying to do and I want you all to do it with me. Also pray that I will remember Spanish when I get to Mexico hahahah. I love you all and I love the support.
 
Paz y Gozo
Elder Jarman

No comments:

Post a Comment